Monday, January 11, 2010

Projects of Cuteness

Some of the latest creations from the mono-machine:

I have finally (well almost) finished Reese's bedroom. As you might already know, this is Reese's first bedroom as she shared a bedroom with Jason and me in our last house. It has taken me a while to choose a theme and find matching decor......Which is usually what the mother does while the child is in utero. This is what happens when you don't find out the sex of the baby and you are just getting her room ready as she will be turning 3 in a couple of months!

Here is the cornice board with her name. I went with a bird/owl theme with pink and green.
And the hooter canvas that I finished up tonight. She is painted pink while chubby (small bird) and limb are fabric. Ms. Hoot's eyes are buttons. And yes, those buttons are the very first buttons that I have sewed. I will say that I struggled at first, but they are not coming off now!
Decided on Sunday to paint the entry bath. And it was done 3 hrs later with NO help from my husband. I was proud! I wanted to go with a blue-slate/gray color with orange and brown accents. The picture below shows it to be that exact shade, but in person, it almost looks country blue that our momma's had in the 90's. I still love it!
And this is a tin that I monogrammed and completed with mod-podge (the greatest invention ever). I added some sticks with bird feathers, because this lil' bath also has a hooter/bird theme. Bought a brown ceramic hooter at Pier 1, but didn't take a picture of him. This lil' tin will sit on the back of the toilet. I still need to get some moss to cover where the sticks enter the tin. Ordered a bird picture from Etsy and when it is hung, I will provide you with another picture.

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

WOW!!! I stand in amazement at your creativity!! Can't wait to see the house in person (hint hint). :)

Allison said...

You are so crafty! I'm a little jealous.