Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Getting ready for my surgery!!!

This is mommy with Amelia, Tammy, and Reese. Tammy taught mommy & daddy about what would happen while we are at the hospital on Thursday. I had fun playing with the doctor stuff.
Did you know that you can listen to your ears with a stethoscope? I like this gadget!
Here I am playing again and having fun during my medical play!!! Child Life is so cool!
Am I the only one that doesn't realize I am having surgery tomorrow?
Oh Look! A special sticker is on my nose. Tomorrow it will be on my chest to hear my heartbeat.

We have to be at the hospital at 7:45a and Jonas's surgery is scheduled at 9:45a. It should last around 30 minutes. The nurse I spoke with today said he would more than likely go home afterwards... depending on how he manages the sedation. Jonas's recovery time is 3-4 hours in the hospital. I will take pics tomorrow and post them when I can so all you Mississippians can see your sweet boy! Keep us in your prayers for a smooth surgery process and that Jonas will recover with no problems.
p.s. Incase you didn't know about my profession, one aspect of being a Child Life Specialist is to help families and the pt understand the surgery routine and what to expect on that day. We had our intern give Jonas and us our pre-op and tour and she did a great job!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susu is glad that everything went smoothly today. You know that you are in our hearts and prayers. My prayer for you is: Dear God, we place our precious baby boy into your hands believing that you will watch over and protect him in your loving arms as he undegoes this surgery. Amen

I love you, Susu

The Walkers said...

Jonas, please know that the Walkers will be praying for you tomorrow!!!

Dana said...

We are thinking about you today! Esther told us you had some bumps with scheduling and that is just crazy!!! I hope they are more flexible for the rest of the stuff. I am surgery will go great!!