Friday, January 28, 2011

Disney {the "magical" vacation}

Here we go! I have hesitated writing this post for several reasons......
1. We did a lot and I wont be able to post every detail.
2. I am indecisive anway, and it's hard for me to choose what to put on here.
3. I took right at 500 pictures in 4 days, and again too many choices.
4. Let's be honest- it wasn't an easy trip so I have needed a couple of weeks to truly process what all we did and how "worth it" it really was
5. Don't mistaken me, it was totally WORTH going, but some things were harder to deal with than others.
6. I really don't want to be negative, but I feel myself leaning that way as I read back over what I have written thus far.
7. I made a list while we were there of tips, observations, advice, etc. I will share that as well.

Let's look at a couple of pics to start with.....
Our first real picture right when we arrived to Magic Kingdom (Day 1)
It's a classic picture that is timeless whether you go in the 80's, 90's or today. I think at this point, I was way more thrilled to be there than the kids. It's just the beginning of our "magical" vacation.
Fireworks are at 8pm daily and they truly are amazing. Reese discovered Tinker Bell during this and hasn't stopped talking about her since. Reese is obsessed with some TB now. Love that! And that IS something that makes the vacation magical. That is something that I won't ever see again because the next time we go, it is very likely that she will know those characters are actually in costume.
(I know the pic is sideways) Yet another really fun thing about Disney is how they cater to DETAIL. And I do love me some details! The waffle was delicious AND they made mini ones for the kids.
Character dining is a must, especially if you have a dining plan. A DINING PLAN is a must too. Very easy to work with and just one less stresser to deal with when everyone is cranky and ready to eat. Reservations are necessary for character dining and any other sit-down meal.

First night ended with meeting Winnie the Pooh, Eyore, and Piglet. My kids havent been exposed to much of Pooh and they were still enlightened at meeting them. The character greetings and dinings were in my top 5 of favorites!!!!

0 comments: