Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Tastes like candy!"...reese

We had our first doc visit on Tuesday and Reese has gained 12 oz in 7 days! She is a big eater and loves her milk. We also discovered that she has "shrunk" too. They measured her at a whopping 19" when she was measured 21" at birth. She is a little jaundice but nothing too concerning at this point. She loves to sleep, eat, and poop. That is really all she does in that order too. She is not that alert (could be from her jaundice & being under 40wks gestation) and really sleeps ALL day and night. She does wake-up in closer intervals at night to eat than in the day. I will be glad when she can switch that around so we can get more rest at night. We are trying hard to keep her alert in the evenings so that she will sleep longer between feeds.

Jonas really hasn't adjusted well to her being here. OR I should say that he can tell something is different in his environment and pays no attention to her. He whines quite a bit and seems to seek more attention.... hmmmmmm........ Next week is when I have both babes by myself. Jonas will also start back to daycare next wk, which will make it a little easier to care for Reese.

I guess that I am adjusting okay to having 2 babes as well. I have emotional moments every now and then ... some of that due to sleep deprivation. My main resource to staying on top of things is PRAYER. I couldn't do it without seeking help from God. He truly has given me strength and perseverance when I thought I couldn't go on without getting rest. (and it's only been a week) ..... I also have a great husband who helps with cleaning, taking care of Jonas, cooking, etc. My mother has also been here everyday to take care of Jonas since Jason has been back at work. This is her spring break, and she has been a tremendous help. Thanks MOM!

3 comments:

Dana said...

LOVE THE PIC!!!!!!!!!! Nothing sweeter than an itty bitty baby finding thumb!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! She must really enjoy her naps. I haven't seen a pic yet with her awake! Can't wait to see more pics. Love, Breanne

Emerson said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest picture ever!! Does she suck her thumb a lot or was this a one time thing??